I’ve been really conscious that all my posts have been career-related, so I thought this kind of post would be a great way for you to get to know a little bit about the gal behind the blog.
So, without further ado, here are 50 random facts about me that completely no-one asked for!
1. Were you named after anyone?
I think my mum told me that her best friend at school was called Melissa and she has loved that name ever since.
2. When was the last time you cried?
Last week. My cat went missing for almost a whole day and I was beside myself!
3. Do you like your handwriting?
Yes! Although it depends on what pen I’m using because it seems to change all the time!
4. What is your favourite lunch meat?
Lunch meat… probably chicken. It’s easy, versatile, and you can’t beat a leftover roast chicken sarnie!
5. Do you have kids?
No… not yet anyway. I’d like to think that our own little family will be on the cards one day, but not just yet.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
I heard somewhere that you should try to be the friend that you would want or yourself, so I would like to think so!
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
8. Do you still have your tonsils?
Yes! Is that a good thing?
9. Would you bungee jump?
Oh hell NO!
10. What is your favourite cereal?
Honey nut cheerios – no hesitation.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
12. Do you think you are strong?
Emotionally? No. Physically? Also no. I dunno, I’ve dealt with a lot of stuff but I also cry easily so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
13. What is your favourite ice cream?
Oh, Morrison’s did a Sweetshop ice cream which was my favourite for a while. It was bubblegum flavour with marshmallows in, but I haven’t seen it for ages. Otherwise any ice cream with the little bits of biscuits on. I’m also lactose intolerant, so I can’t eat much ice cream 😦
14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Their face. I know it sounds silly! But the first thing I do is read people’s facial expressions and gauge eye contact. I suppose a lot of years interviewing people has given me some excellent body language reading skills. You can always tell whether someone is genuinely pleased to meet you.
15. Red or pink?
16. What is the least favourite thing about yourself?
I’m impulsive and a bit of a scatterbrain. For example, I had set a day to go through and clean out my wardrobe, next thing you know I’ve just come back from the shops because I NEED to make soup.
17. Who do you miss the most?
My grandparents and my stepdad.
18. What is the spark feature that has helped you the most?
What’s a spark feature?
19. What colour shoes are you wearing?
Grey knitted slipper boots count as shoes, right?
20. What was the last thing you ate?
21. What are you listening to right now?
The telly is on in the background and there is a nature program on about seals.
22. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?
A dark blue or violet
23. Favourite smells?
Yankee Candle Sugared Blossom, YSL Elle perfume, freshly cut grass, and the smell of the air when it’s just rained.
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
25. Mountain hideaway or beach house?
Beach house 100000%
26. Favourite sports to watch?
I’ll watch football, rugby, snooker… but they’re just “meh”. I don’t have a favourite sport!
27. Hair colour?
Dark brown with caramel balayage.
28. Eye colour?
Hmm, I think they’re brown, some people have said hazel, but I had a photo of my iris taken once and apparently, they are amber brown??
29. Do you wear contacts?
30. Favourite food?
31. Scary movies or happy endings?
Scary movies every time.
32. Last movie you watched?
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – the remake.
33. What colour shirt are you wearing?
A white one.
34. Summer or winter?
Summer!! I grew up in Spain so I’m so used to the heat. I’m like a reptile.
35. Hugs or kisses?
Uuh, unless you’re my partner, neither!!
36. Favourite dessert?
Apple strudel or lemon cheesecake.
37. Strength training or cardio?
38. Computer or television?
Computer. I only watch TV because my other half puts it on. I could easily sit in silence all day.
39. What book are you reading right now?
I don’t have any books on the go right now.
40. What is on your mouse pad?
I don’t think I’ve used a mouse pad since 2005…
41. Any tattoos?
Not yet 😉
42. Favourite sound?
There is something soothing about listening to water so definitely waves or a running river.
43. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
44. What is the farthest you’ve been from home?
The Philippines. My mum is from there and all her family are still there so I love going back and seeing everyone.
45. Do you have a special talent?
I’m bilingual in English and Spanish… is that a talent?!
46. Where were you born?
47. Where are you living now?
Just outside of Norwich, Norfolk.
48. What colour is your house?
Redbrick and white.
49. What colour is your car?
A charcoal grey colour.
50. Any pets?
Yes! 2 little cats and a ball python 🙂
Do you have any interesting facts about you? Let me know in the comments below!